Francisco Javier Illanes
- New York University, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 1984.
- Specialized courses on Foreign Investment at the International Law Institute of Georgetown University.
- Specialized courses on Negotiation at Harvard University.
- Universidad de Chile, School of Law, LL.B., 1983.
- Associate Professor of the Master in Business Law program at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding lawyer in Banking and Finance; Corporate / M&A (Band 1), Chambers Latin America.
- Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance, The Legal 500.
- Leading lawyer in Banking, Capital Markets and M&A, IFLR 1000.
- Chilean Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Officer de la International Bar Association
- Legal Committee de Amcham Chile
- Spanish, English and French.
Francisco joined our firm in 1987 and is a partner since 1989. He heads the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets team and the Technology, Privacy and Media group and as served as legal counsel in transactions covering finance and banking, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and telecom. He has participated in many M&A deals, restructurings and corporate reorganizations, shareholders agreements and disputes, and creditors agreements and is also a board member of corporations. Francisco has a very active arbitration and mediation practice. He is a listed arbitrator and mediator of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce.