- Universidad Gabriela Mistral, School of Law, LL.B., 1987.
- Professor of Corporate Law at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding lawyer in Mining and Natural Resources (Band 1), Chambers Latin America.
- Best Lawyer of the region in Mining, Who’s Who Legal.
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Chilean Bar Association
Carlos is a partner of our firm since 1999. Before joining the firm, he was partner of the law firm Diez Pérez-Cotapos Silva & Lira that merged with Cariola in 1999. He has specialized in Corporate, Commercial, Mining and Environmental Law, advising Chilean and foreign clients in national and international transactions. He has lead the work team in significant foreign mining investment projects, has participated in mergers and acquisitions of mining companies and in the financing of mining projects. He has also served as legal counsel in several mining projects such as Escondida, Collahuasi, Cerro Colorado, Spence, Iván, Lomas Bayas, Pimentón, Altonorte, El Morro and Pachón.