- New York University, Master on Comparative Jurisprudence (M.C.J.), 1994.
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Diploma on Business Administration, (D.P.A.), 1993.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Law, LL.B., 1988.
- Chile, 1988.
- Professor of the course “Corporate Finance” of the Master on Business Law program (MBL) at Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez , (2010-2014).
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding lawyer in Banking, Finance and Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America.
- Leading lawyer in Banking, Capital Markets, Project Development and Project Finance, IFLR 1000.
- Chilean Bar Association
- New York University Ex-Alumni Association
- Spanish, English and French.
ExperienceRodrigo joined our firm in 1996 and became a partner in 2010. He practices in the areas of Finance, Banking, Securities and Foreign Investments, advising Chilean, foreign and international banks and financial institutions and Chilean companies in project financing, issuance of equity and debt securities, syndicated loans and other financial transactions. Rodrigo advises on a regular basis multinational consortiums and local and international banks in project financing related to generation and distribution power projects, particularly, renewable power projects, and infrastructure projects under the Chilean Public Works Concession Law. He interacts on a permanent basis with the Central Bank of Chile, the Superintendency of Securities and Insurance, the Superintendency of Banks and Financial Institutions and other Chilean governmental entities. He has advised regularly from 2004 some Chilean state-owned companies, such as the Empresa de los Ferrocarriles del Estado (EFE) and the Empresa de Transporte de Pasajeros Metro S.A. in a number of local and international banking and capital markets financing.
Rodrigo has also practiced in the area of Commercial and Corporate Law advising multinational and local companies investing in Chile, and foreign stock corporations in the process of incorporation, capitalization, development of new businesses, joint-ventures and sales of shares or business in Chile or and abroad. He has also experience in aviation matters and advises international airlines in connection with Chilean aviation regulations and other related matters. Before joining Cariola, we worked as associate at Clifford Chance New York, USA, between 1994 and 1996, advising Latin-American entities in privatization processes, IPOs and projects financing in the international banking and securities markets.