- Berkeley University, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 1999.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, School of Law, LL.B., 1994.
- Chile, 1994.
- Professor of Corporate Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Professor of Masters in Business Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez.
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding lawyer in Corporate and M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- “Los Pactos de Accionistas en la Sociedad Anónima” (“Shareholders Agreements in Corporations”), Chilean Bar Association, 1997.
- “Public-Private Partnership (Chile)” Getting the Deal Through, 2015.
- “Corporate and M&A Law (Chile)”, Best Lawyers, 2017.
- International Bar Association
- Chilean Bar Association
- Spanish and English.
ExperienceCristián joined our firm in 1994 and became a partner in 2005. He heads one of the Corporate, M&A groups of the firm. He serves as legal counsel for local and foreign groups of companies operating in different fields covering not only corporate and transactional laws but also foreign investment and security market regulations as well. He has also participated in a large number of mergers and acquisitions transactions dealing with both local and foreign parties, advising the process from the kick-off, through legal due diligence, structuring of corporate vehicle, and the drafting and negotiation of material documentation, including the relationship with competent authorities and regulatory entities.
His acknowledgement as professional and academic (as Professor of Law in different universities), has made him a frequent source for the delivery of legal opinions in complex matters. Likewise, he has developed an important experience in infrastructure projects, either by providing assistance in bidding processes for public work concessions and public-private partnerships, or by providing assistance during the development of the projects and, particularly, by reason of processes of incorporation and exit of partners. His corporate and infrastructure-related experience, supported by his position as Professor of Law, has opened him additionally the possibility to be appointed as board member of important companies operating in the infrastructure field, which has allowed Cristián to add a corporate and business view to traditional legal criteria.